London offers a wide range of attractions – discover some of them while visiting this fascinating city. Here is London’s five must-see attractions:
- Buckingham Palace, as the official residence of the British monarchy, is a must-see for any visitor to London. The palace is a stunning example of neoclassical architecture and is surrounded by beautiful gardens. Make sure to see the daily Changing of the Guard ceremony at 10:45am. The ceremony is a traditional military ritual that has been performed for centuries and is a popular tourist attraction.
- The Tower of London, a historic castle rich in history, is a popular tourist attraction. It is home to the Crown Jewels and has served as a royal palace, prison, and treasury over the centuries. The castle is a designated World Heritage Site and a must-see for anyone interested in British history. Don’t miss the chance to tour the White Tower, which houses the Royal Armories and the Royal Collection, or visit the medieval chapel of St. John the Evangelist.
- The London Eye, a giant Ferris wheel on the Thames’s South Bank, provides breathtaking views of the city. It’s a great way to get a bird’s-eye view of London’s famous landmarks and get your bearings in the city. The London Eye is a modern wonder of engineering and has become an iconic symbol of the city.
- Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, the famous clock tower, Big Ben, is an iconic symbol of London and one of the city’s most recognizable landmarks. Visitors can also take a tour of the Houses of Parliament to see the stunning architecture of the building and learn about the history of democracy in Britain.
- The British Museum, this world-famous museum houses a vast collection of art and artifacts from all over the world, including the Elgin Marbles and the Rosetta Stone. It’s a great place to spend an afternoon exploring the rich history of human civilization. The museum is home to over eight million objects and has galleries dedicated to ancient civilizations, European art, and much more.
The city has so much to offer and these top five places are just the beginning. Whether you are interested in history, culture or just taking in the sights, London got something for everyone. With Jetex, you can arrive in style and make the most of your trip to this incredible city.