An Assistant Quality & Training Officer will report to the Quality Manager and assist with all quality control & training activities for Jetex. They are responsible in helping Jetex adhere to an established quality standard by observing, auditing and communicating processes and procedures. They will assist in overseeing audit process, looking out for specific issues, going through the Jetex manuals (and other manuals) and performing various safety & risk evaluations, noting down observations (audits), assisting in implementation of quality control programs, assisting in preparation of training manuals & quality guidelines, and performing other tasks assigned by the Management.
In regard to training and coaching, they have the duty of managing the learning and professional development of Jetex’s workforce. They must assist in creating and implementing training programs (e-training, slideshows, evaluation forms, tests, etc.) evaluate productivity, performance, coordinate with HR Admin to schedule staff and update records.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Quality & Training Officer
DEPARTMENT: Quality Control Department
REPORTING TO: Quality Manager
LOCATION: Dubai, UAE
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Global
Key responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assist in developing SOPs, Work Processes, work flow responsibilities
- Audit, observe, evaluate all areas of Jetex to increase productivity and satisfaction
- Assist in preparing/executing Corrective action
- Assist in trouble shooting job problems and handling job complaints.
- Update & prepare reports, analysis and coordinate with other regional management personnel, i.e., Sales, Operations, Customer Service, Dispatch, FBO, Fuel, etc.
- Participate in meeting and coordinating with other governing bodies. (Dubai South, Dubai Airports, GCAA etc.)
- Obtain and maintain all necessary QMS/SMS trainings and certifications
- Obtain and maintain all necessary IBAC, ISO, NATA, etc. trainings and certifications
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses need and expectations (Gap Analysis)
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods
- Assist in conducting effective induction and orientation sessions
- Help maintain the ERP as well as conduct exercises with key stakeholders
- Assist in collating documentation for awards/certifications/audits
- Use Microsoft Office applications as well as other software to assist in tasks
- KPI documentation gathering for targets as well as monthly reports
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Update on the costs of planned programs /initiatives and keeping within budgets
- Manages the work of external trainers (including e-learning) when used.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development
- Report & Resolve any specific problems and tailor programs as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- Working with teams to produce programs that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in an organization, such as line managers, accountants and senior managers.
- Helping line managers and trainers solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Getting “Train the Trainer” on selected topics/tasks to disseminate to other employees.
- Assist in the set up for new locations.
- Other tasks in line with job scope as instructed by Quality Manager
EDUCATION: University Degree in Training, Quality and Safety or any related fields.
- 2 – 3 years’ background in training, quality and safety (preferably in aviation industry)
- Background experience in auditing is a plus
SPECIFIC / TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Proficient in computer skills (word, excel, power point etc.)
- Intermediate IT Skills (MS Office database management)
- ISO internal auditing certificates would be advantageous
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work in cross-functional (departments) teams.
- Identify, capture and analyse business requirements.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work under own initiative
- Effectively organizing and prioritizing workloads
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, work efficiently, and be flexible with quick turnaround projects if they come up
- Time management and organizational skills are a must
- Manages difficulty and complexity
- Acts with integrity
- Effective communication
- Data analysis
- Open to Opportunity
- Business Thinking
- Innovates/introduces improvements
- Designs plans for alternative actions
- Commitment to achieve
- Engaging Others
- Solutions driven
- Uses analytical techniques
- Delivers against obstacles
- Attention to detail and Quality
- Problem solving
- People orientated
- Effective communicator
- Builds and promotes the value of team collaboration
- Acknowledges and gives credit to others
- Team work
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV.