|JOB TITLE||Director – Legal & Compliance|
|REPORTING TO||Founder & CEO|
|AREA OF RESPONSIBILITES||Global Office|
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Join Jetex, an award-winning global leader in executive aviation with a unique ecosystem of more than 35 locations around the world whose success always springs from the engagement and talent of teams who create flexible, best-in-class trip support solutions. The company provides exceptional private terminals (FBOs), aircraft fueling, ground handling and global trip planning. It caters to both owners and operators of business jets for corporate, commercial and personal air travel. With professions that span our entire value chain – from trip planning to indulging passengers with exceptional hospitality – Jetex offers a vast range of career opportunities around the world. Committed to be an employer of choice, Jetex encourages employees to pursue their aspirations thanks to concrete development and learning opportunities, including personalized career itineraries, contribution to entrepreneurial projects and other initiatives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a key member of the management team, the Legal & Compliance Director reports to the Founder & CEO of Jetex Group of companies. The incumbent is the key point of contact for all legal needs of the company. He/she will ensure that the company is compliant in all jurisdictions that it operates in.
- Responsible for providing a smooth, efficient and effective service to the client facing teams in relation to their area of expertise and be the point of contact for all legal queries from internal business managers, business partners and other senior management.
- Understand the pressure points, strategy and objectives of the business and effectively communicate the risks and legal issues involved in any decision to senior management.
- Build effective relationships with the relevant internal business arm leaders, business partners and associated business teams as relevant, to become the ‘trusted advisor’ for them on all legal matters.
- Provide commercial support to service and business units for internal projects and intercompany agreements.
- Manage the legal and contractual aspects of a variety of complex contracts and projects from negotiation to project conclusion.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates legal and commercial documents including letters of intent, supplier/procurement agreements, leases and licenses.
- Provide advice on client and third-party contracting including negotiating directly with these parties on the relevant terms and conditions.
- Drafts and implements assigned countries’ specific Jetex standard templates.
- Contribute with insurance matters and corporate governance- Keep Jetex Entities up to date with relevant jurisdiction filings.
- Liaise with external counsel and external auditors as required.
- Manage the Legal Budget and strictly controls all external costs (e.g., legal fees and expenditures) and internal costs related to the Legal function’s impact on the assigned countries’ profit & loss.
- Managing and registering the trademarks of the company.
- Managing the Compliance related matter including GDPR.
- Hand on OFAC list and its updates.
- Manages the Legal & Compliance Team.
- Meet regularly with business leaders to discuss key findings, areas of concerns and/or gather feedback.
- Collaborate with Director of Business Conduct & Compliance on interpretations of laws, investigations, and compliance related contracts.
- Work with Credit Control team on matters related to Collections or debt litigation.
|SPECIFIC / TECHNICAL SKILLS