Cannes Film Festival first premiered in September of 1946 and was set out to rival the Venice Film Festival. What started out as more of a social event has become one of the most highly respected, and the most prestigious film festival in the world.
This crème de la crème of the film world is by invitation only and a visit to Cannes allows you to rub shoulders with the stars and experience the finest the area has to offer.
Experiences and Sights Like No Other
Imagine strolling along and seeing the palaces of La Croisette while catching sight of the yachts that glide across the bay, shopping at the finest couture shops, and visiting historic sites that are full of culture and visual display.
Not to be missed is the main promenade of La Croisette where the Estérel mountains are majestic among the addresses you’ll find fascinating. Check out the twin cupolas of the Carlton Intercontinental or the art deco of some of the seafront palaces where many famous people have rested their heads.
For something a bit more tranquil, take a boat ride (just 15-20 minutes away) to îles de Lérins which includes île Ste-Marguerite and île St-Honorat, where you can visit a fifth century monastery or simply enjoy the sand and sun. You can find boats leaving to the islands from Cannes by heading to the western side of the harbor.
Exquisite Food and Exciting Nightlife
Cannes is also the home to a diverse choice of restaurants. From European and French to bistros and fusion – you can really experience it all. Some of the local and visitor favorites include:
- Jean-Luc Pelé. This artisan bakery is the ideal place for swanky food at reasonable prices. Keep in mind that reasonable does not mean a trade-off in quality or innovate food because the Foie gras macaroons are just one of the mouth-watering foods you’ll find.
- PhilCat. Looking for a waterfront date? This sandwich and salad eatery has a terrace looking out over the sea where the food is delectable and the view can’t be beat.
- Restaurant La Palme d’Or. This fine dining establishment is located right at the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez. With two Michelin stars and culinary creations that delight the taste buds, you can choose from such dishes as Dublin Bay Prawn and The Mangetout Pea, The Belly of Tuna, and The Allaiton Lamb Triple A Greffeuille Aveyron.
The Cannes Film Festival
Even if you’re not part of the invite list to Cannes, you’ll enjoy this Mediterranean destination during the festival. All of the who’s who in Hollywood will be there and whether you meet someone famous or not, the entire town is abuzz with excitement and glamour.
There are plenty of public events at Cannes, even a way that you can join in on the festival itself. Stop by the Cannes Tourism Office and pick up the ticket information and schedule for Cinéma de la Plage. This outdoor film screen allows the public to see Cannes Classics as well as the Out of the Competition films. You’ll be able to take a picnic and enjoy the beach at Plage Mace, then watch the films under the starry skies once it gets dark.
Of course, there are plenty of vendors set up at the festival grounds so check out some of the posters and souvenirs from the movies.
You might spot a few of the Hollywood elite at the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes so consider staying there if you book early.
To get to the Cannes Film Festival, the nearest airport is Aéroport Cannes Mandelieu (LFMD). LFMD welcomes only private flights and has 21 main parking slots with 50-60 remote parking slots.
Jetex Provides Luxury Travel
Jetex is the premier luxury travel management business that you can depend on. As a private aircraft owner, you want top-notch service and a one-stop solution on your visit to the Cannes Film Festival and our benefits are limitless.
Trip Planning You Can Count On
With Jetex, you do not have to worry about short notice or last-minute operations. Even with the most minimal of notifications, our success is due to our attention to every detail. Here are just a few things you can rely on us to provide:
- 24/7 Worldwide Support. No matter where you are from or what time it is, our staff is at your service.
- A Global Network. Whether it is securing permits and permissions or operations, we have unparalleled global support with quick service and a personalized experience.
- Full Flight Planning. When you need your flight planned, you want every detail taken care of and that is exactly what you get. Our flight planning includes a trip kit, runway analysis, ATC filing, graphical weather charts, route validation, weather and NOTAMS, approach plans, and every flight plan is computerized.
- Dependability. Nothing is more frustrating than trying to find a parking spot or getting prior permission required on a moment’s notice. We ensure that you not only get a slot that is suitable and reserved on time but we also handle the prior permission required (PPR).
Concierge Service – A Personal Experience
Jetex offers a wealth of concierge services that include:
- Meet and Assist. Immigration, passport control, and customs can sometimes be a hassle – if not downright intimidating. Jetex offers a VIP option for any airport and handles everything so you can set your mind at ease.
- Booking a Hotel. Let us find you the best hotels at the finest locations.
- VIP Transportation. No matter what time of day or night, our staff is ready to find you exactly what you want when it comes to transportation. Need a limousine? We can provide one just like many other places can. Is your preference a world-class chauffeured Rolls Royce instead? We will arrange one for you just as easily.
- Airport Transfers. Our chauffeur services are professional, courteous, and of the utmost luxury and standard.
- Fine Dining. Never worry again about the restaurant you choose for you and your guests because instead, our concierge services ensures you a meal you won’t forget with ambiance you’ll appreciate.
- Car Rental. Just like with all of our services, 24/7 assistance is guaranteed and we’ll make sure you find the right rental for your needs that fits your lifestyle and budget.
- Visa Assistance. Our concierge is happy to help you out with all things involving immigration and visas.
- Air Ticketing. Real-time price quotes are right at your fingertips.
- Travel Insurance. When you’re jet setting around the world, you do not want to have to worry about travel insurance preparations and you don’t – we have it covered.
- Tours and Guides. Visiting the most exciting places has never been easier with our concierge serve. Visit and see the world – exactly how it was meant to be viewed.
Jetex is a professional service with personal attention to providing you an experience like no other. Our travel management is an upscale, one stop experience providing 24-hour, year round in-house arrangements. Our rates are competitive with a lightning-fast confirmation time.
We are recognized by all travel industry suppliers, accredited by IATA, and a member of the Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE). If you are ready to fulfill your travel plans with luxury and memorable experiences, contact us and we’ll be more than happy to answer all of your questions.